All newspaper articles used for this Twitter presentation and related dissertation chapter are located in Algonquin Park Museum newspaper clippings scrapbooks, which can be accessed at the museum in the park. If interested in specific articles/topics, please contact me. I surveyed hundreds of clippings for this chapter, so its nearly impossible to list them all here.
- Report of the Royal Commission on Forest Reservation and National Park (Toronto: Warwick and Sons, 1893).
Secondary Sources/Suggested Readings
- Peter A. Coates, “The Strange Stillness of the Past: Toward an Environmental History of Sound and Noise,” Environmental History 10.4 (2005).
- Michael Henry and Peter Quimby, Ontario’s Old-Growth Forests: A Guidebook Complete with History, Ecology, and Maps (Markham, Ontario: Fitzhenry & Whiteside: 2010).
- Gerald Killan, Protected Places: A History of Ontario’s Provincial Parks System (Louisville, Quebec: Dundern Press Limited, 1993).
- Ron Tozer and Dan Strickland, A Pictorial History of Algonquin Provincial Park (Whitney, Ontario: The Friends of Algonquin Provincial Park: 1995).
- George M. Warecki, Protecting Ontario’s Wilderness: A History of Changing Ideas and Preservation Politics, 1927-1973 (New York: Peter Lang, 2000).